Laser Hair Removal Fort Worth
Enjoy smooth, hair-free skin without shaving or waxing
Body hair isn’t really the problem. We all have it. The problem is when hair appears in places we don’t necessarily want it to be. Unwanted hair on the face, legs, underarm, or bikini line can be unsightly or just plain uncomfortable, not to mention a nuisance to constantly battle with shaving or waxing. If you have sensitive skin, these methods of temporary hair removal can sometimes be more painful than the thought of just living with the hair.
With laser hair removal, you don’t have to compromise. Laser hair removal destroys the hair follicle beneath the skin permanently, so that following treatment treated hairs will not grow back.
Popular areas for laser hair removal
Our licensed aesthetician at Kalos can remove unwanted hair safely and effectively from nearly any area of the face or body for men or women. The most common areas requested for hair removal include:
- Upper lip & face
- Bikini area
- Back & chest
Why we use the Lumenis LightSheer® DESIRE laser at Kalos
Not all hair removal lasers are the same. Just like anything else, quality varies from product to product. Our patients deserve the very best, so we have invested in what we consider the best hair removal laser currently on the market, the LightSheer DESIRE by Lumenis. Just a few advantages this laser offers:
- It uses the latest technology for more precise, predictable hair removal.
- We can treat larger areas in a single pass of the laser for faster treatment: as little as 5 minutes for the bikini area or underarms, and 10 to 20 minutes for full legs or back.
- Built-in cooling and vacuum-assisted technology offer superior comfort over older lasers.
- We can adjust the laser to safely and effectively treat a broad range of skin types, even darker skin.
How laser hair removal works
The process for laser hair removal is similar to any laser resurfacing treatment. Our aesthetician will apply a concentrated wavelength of heat and light to the skin, focusing on the hair follicle, where the melanin, or pigment is absorbed into the laser energy. This essentially destroys the hair follicle so the hair will not grow back. The laser frequency is adjusted to best affect the color of hair to be removed, allowing us to successfully perform laser hair removal for a variety of patient skin and hair types. Each appointment takes about 30 minutes, including consultation, any pre-treatment steps needed to enhance comfort, the actual laser application, and post-treatment care.
How we ensure your comfort at Kalos
Laser hair removal has a reputation for being uncomfortable, but it doesn’t have to be. At Kalos, we offer several choices to minimize pain and make your experience as pleasant as possible. Depending on your needs and preferences, you may choose the following comfort options:
- Topical numbing cream: great for those who have a higher discomfort tolerance or who are treating less sensitive areas
- Comfort zone treatment: in-office treatment to maximize comfort and relaxation.
- Prescription pain medication: a good temporary option to keep you comfortable when treating sensitive areas. You must have a responsible driver accompany you to your appointment to receive pain medication.
While you may feel a stinging sensation during treatment, patients typically find this tolerable with their selected comfort protocol.
There is typically no downtime after laser hair removal, although you may experience some redness and soreness at the site for a few days after treatment. It is also important to keep the treated area protected from the sun.
A few important facts about laser hair removal
While laser hair removal can be a rewarding and time-saving procedure, it is better suited to certain individuals.
- It’s best for darker hair on lighter skin, although this is relative. In fact, our Lumenis LightSheer laser can treat all skin types. In general, however, the hair you want to remove needs to have a darker pigment than the surrounding skin for the laser to be effective.
- You will need a series of at least 4 to 8 treatments to completely remove hair from an area. The laser needs to hit the hair at the active stage of the growth cycle, and individual hairs in an area run on different cycles. You will notice the unwanted hair growing thinner and lighter as treatment progresses until it is gone. Factors influencing the number of treatments needed include gender, location of the hair, and ethnicity.
- Results are typically permanent. Usually, this is what patients want. However, future changes in hormonal levels, including certain hormone therapies, can cause hair to regrow in some individuals.
Contact us for more information
Are you interested in your options for laser hair removal? We welcome you to call us at (817) 292-4200 or contact us online for more information or to schedule a personal consultation.