Fort Worth Dysport®
For a smoother, refreshed appearance
We love a good skincare routine, but even the best skincare products cannot stave off the frustrating signs of aging. “Expression lines” such as deep forehead creases, frown lines, and crow’s feet can make you appear older, tired, and stressed. Take your anti-aging efforts to the next level with Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA).
Exclusively performed by experienced injectors, Fort Worth Dysport injections can quickly rejuvenate your appearance by softening those pesky lines and wrinkles. Dysport is safe and effective for men and women, with visible improvements noticeable within a few days and results can last up to 3-4 months.
- What is Dysport?
- Is Dysport right for me?
- How can I avoid bruising from Dysport?
- What can Dysport treat?
- When will I see results from a Dysport treatment?
- How long does Dysport last?
- Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
- How much Dysport will I need?
- Does Dysport have any side effects?
- Dysport vs. Botox
- Why choose Kalos for your Fort Worth Dysport treatments?
What is Dysport?
Repeated facial movements cause fine lines and wrinkles to form, particularly on our forehead and between our brows. Dysport is a neuromodulator (botulinum toxin type A), similar to Botox, that is injected into muscles to temporarily reduce moderate-to-severe forehead lines, crow’s feet, and lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). Dysport works by temporarily blocking nerve signals to muscles to reduce muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles.
Is Dysport right for me?
Dysport may be right for you if you are between the ages of 18 and 65 and are in generally good health. We do not recommend Dysport if you have a milk allergy, as it contains albumin (a milk-derived protein).
Additionally, using medical-grade skincare products will enhance the anti-aging benefits of Dysport treatments and protect against future damage. We are ready to curate your custom regimen optimized for your skincare goals.
How can I avoid bruising from Dysport?
You can minimize or avoid bruising from facial injectables by following these guidelines:
- Stop taking aspirin (ASA) and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, Aleve, Excedrin, etc.) at least 10 days before getting Botox
- *If a physician advised you to take Aspirin, you should contact your prescribing physician before stopping it.
- Plain Tylenol is not an NSAID and is fine to take
- Avoid alcohol 48 hours before and after your appointment
- Exercise early so you are cooled off by the time of your procedure
- Avoid bending, straining, heavy lifting or exercise immediately after treatment
- Ask about our VitaMedica Arnica or Bromelain available in the office
- Use ice packs before and after your treatment
- Don’t massage or touch tox injection sites
What can Dysport treat?
Dysport is FDA-approved to treat moderate-to-severe glabellar lines (the frown lines between the eyebrows known as the “11s”). Our expert injectors administer Dysport between the brows to minimize the appearance of these lines. Dysport can be used off-label, as well, in many other areas.
Dysport is also a safe and effective treatment for a variety of concerns:
- Reduces the appearance of crow’s feet
- Softens horizontal forehead lines
- Diminishes lines around the mouth (marionette lines)
- Improves the look of neck bands (vertical strips of visible muscle called platysmal bands)
- Reduces excessive sweating
When will I see results from a Dysport treatment?
Many patients see noticeable improvement within a couple days of treatment and these results may continue to improve for about 2 weeks. Results vary from patient to patient.
How long does Dysport last?
Visible results have been shown to last up to 5-6 months, but most patients notice effects diminishing by 3-4 months. Each patient’s experience with Dysport is unique, and we are here to advise you on what to expect and when to make your follow-up appointments to maintain your rejuvenating results.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Yes! Dysport will not prevent you from making facial expressions, only the lines and wrinkles that usually accompany them. The goal of treating muscles with Dysport is not complete paralysis, but rather reduction in muscle activity, which creates gentler muscle contractions and fewer wrinkles.
How much Dysport will I need?
The amount of Dysport needed to achieve your desired aesthetic goals depends on numerous factors and will vary from person to person. We will advise you further during your consultation.
Does Dysport have any side effects?
Dysport side effects are generally mild, short-lived, and easily tolerated. The most common side effects with Dysport are redness, swelling, and headache.
Dysport vs. Botox®
Dysport and Botox are neuromodulators that temporarily reduce muscle activity to soften and smooth fine lines and wrinkles that are caused by repeated muscle movements. That said, there are some slight differences:
- Dysport may last longer than Botox.
- Dysport may achieve faster visible results (2-3 days with Dysport vs. 4-7 days with Botox).
- Dysport is less concentrated and has smaller molecules, meaning Dysport spreads more.
- The unit measurements of Dysport and Botox differ (roughly 2.5 units of Dysport equals 1 unit of Botox).
Why choose Kalos for your Fort Worth Dysport treatments?
Good Dysport results are hard to identify, as the mark of an experienced injector is achieving a natural, more youthful appearance without the telltale signs of an over-treated, frozen expression. Here at our Fort Worth med spa, all injections are administered by seasoned injectors who are medically trained and are under the supervision of Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Emily J. Kirby. Our providers are renowned for achieving safe, remarkably natural-looking results with Dysport. After discussing your goals, we consider your anatomy, facial structure, and skin condition to personalize a treatment plan to deliver a smoother, more refreshed appearance.
Schedule your Fort Worth Dysport treatment at Kalos Medical Spa
Under the direction of Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Emily J. Kirby at Kirby Plastic Surgery, our highly-experienced aesthetics team at Kalos Medical Spa has an intimate knowledge of the underlying facial musculature and extensive experience achieving safe and natural results. In addition to Dysport, we also offer a full range of premium brand-name injectables, including Botox, DAXXIFY, Kybella, Restylane, Sculptra, Juvéderm, and the Revance RHA filler collection. To learn more about how an injectable treatment can rejuvenate your appearance, we invite you to call or text us for a personal consultation at 817-292-4200, or fill out the contact form on this page.