The Dirty Truth: Why You Should Pass on Dirt-Cheap Injectable Deals
We’re the first to admit that a great deal is hard to pass up, especially on bigger items like plane tickets or that perfect pair of designer leather pumps. But when it comes to bargain-basement injectable offers, RUN away.
If you see unusually low prices advertised, the person performing injections may not be an adequately qualified medical provider and/or they may be using a heavily diluted or even fake product. Either scenario could have disastrous consequences for your safety and your results.
Authentic, FDA-approved injectables are subject to strict regulations and are available only from licensed physicians. Injectable prices from reputable providers in your area will be in the same ballpark price range, and trustworthy Botox specials play by the rules. Shop around for provider experience and reputation over price alone.
If you need more convincing, read this article from Cosmopolitan. It describes the dangers of dirt-cheap injectable deals, including what has happened to real patients who went for these deals, as well as how to vet an injectable provider you can trust. A few highlights from the article:
- An estimated 25% of patients who shop for bargain basement injectables suffer some complication after treatment. Adverse events commonly associated with cut-rate providers range from poor aesthetic results (e.g., asymmetry or drooping), to infection, to blindness. It’s just not worth the bargain to risk your safety.
- The black market for injectables is bigger than you may realize. Authentic Botox and fillers are only available to licensed physicians—an important reason to only receive injectable treatments from an MD or other qualified provider working under MD supervision. Reputable doctors exclusively order product from the manufacturer or an authorized distributor.
- Just because a product is approved in another country doesn’t mean it’s safe. The U.S. has strict regulations on medical products to help ensure your safety. Moreover, it’s much more difficult to ensure the quality of products that are made outside of the U.S. and/or not FDA approved, as we can’t be sure how they are handled or stored before they reach the doctor’s office.
- It’s okay to ask your provider to show you the unopened product first. This will help you determine whether the product is authentic and prove that the provider isn’t reusing syringes from a previous treatment or patient (yes, unfortunately, this happens). As a rule, my team and I will show you a product before your treatment and keep detailed records of the product name, lot number, and expiration date in your patient records.
How do I know when to trust an injectables deal?
Injectables are FDA-regulated products, subject to strict testing, manufacturing, and distribution rules. Injectables available from reputable, licensed Fort Worth Botox doctors will be in the same ballpark price-wise. Therefore, it’s better to shop around for experience and a reputation for excellent patient outcomes vs. price alone.
However, that doesn’t mean you always have to pay full price either. Trustworthy Botox specials, like those we offer at Kalos Medical Spa, play by the rules of product manufacturers and the FDA. Examples include:
- Manufacturer rebates and points programs, such as Brilliant Distinctions and Aspire Galderma Rewards
- Special events or monthly discounts advertised by the doctor or practice (as opposed to a third-party internet coupon)
- Reduced pricing for a physician assistant, nurse, or licensed aesthetician vs. an MD injector. Make sure anyone you choose for injectables has extensive training and experience in the specific products you’re receiving and that any non-physician provider is still MD-supervised. This ensures you are getting authentic Botox or filler.
For injectables in Fort Worth you can trust at a fair price, come see us at Kalos Medical Spa
Your safety and well-being should always come first. Our talented team of medical providers at Kalos Medical Spa aim to provide the highest quality care and results, and as a board certified plastic surgeon I am closely involved with every treatment plan. We also love helping patients save with events and monthly specials on skincare, injectables, and non-surgical treatments. If you would like to learn more, call or TEXT us at 817-292-4200 or contact us online.